2012-07-25 22:38 in by Pim
Can I have a drumroll please?
One of the requests we got since day one was a showlist. And since we aim to please, that’s exactly what we did. We build a showlist. Start filling it, it looks rather empty at the moment:
So what’s working?
- Showlist. The showlist page will display a list of upcoming shows, sorted by month. I’ve thought about other formats (like a calendar), but let’s keep it simple first. If a lot of shows will be added, we might look into other ways of displaying it.
- Country filter. Simple, filter the showlist by country. Missing any countries (we’re far from complete)? Let us know!
- Add shows. Registered users can add shows to the showlist. We only have to do a quick check and the show will be added (we’ll not be editing / adding or anything, so it actually should be a quick check).
- Keep your own showlist. Press the “count me in” button on a showpage and the show will be added to your own personal showlist. Guess what “count me out” will do?
- Cancel shows. People that added the show can also cancel the show. When they do this everyone that is registered as attending will receive a message that the show is cancelled (which also means you’ll be getting a mail about it). To prevent you all from receiving lots of annoying mails (we know you wanted to try to cancel / uncancel / cancel / uncancel a show), you can only cancel a show once and not ‘uncancel’ it after that.
- Edit your shows. You can always edit your own shows. Before or after we confirmed and published it.
- You can use BBcode (the same code we’re using in the forums) in your showlisting. That means you can add video, images, links, everything you need. Make it prrrrrrretttty.
- Google Maps. If you enter a address we’ll automatically turn it into a Google Maps map.
- The Dark Knight Rises…. Oh wait.. That’s not a feature, just something I keep thinking about…
Some ideas that might be added later (or not):
- Archive – at the moment the archive will be saved, but it doesn’t get displayed yet (you can view individual shows from the past though). I want to think about what’s the best way to display that first, but I didn’t want to hold up the release of this showlist any longer.
- Last.FM import of shows – At first I wanted to build this showlist entirely based upon Last.FM but since not everyone is on last.fm (hey, the last time I used it myself is ages ago) I skipped that idea. But that doesn’t mean that I don’t like the idea of automatically importing shows from Last.FM.
- Print shows – Print a list of the shows you’re going to or print the detailed info of a show. Is this still useful in this digital age? Do you guys and girls want something like that?